- I’m not even sure that ‘inventory’ is the right word for what I’m doing anymore but it will have to do! The end of September is looming and I haven’t done as well as I would have liked with all of my plans (weight loss, I’m looking at you). But I’m about half way through with the house inventory so – onward!
- Replace the light bulbs in both bedside lamps (ridiculous to have left this for over a year!)
- replace lampshades on bedside lamps. The bases are lovely but the lamps have spotting from damp. Not a good look!
- Repaint walls. This won’t be happening any time soon but this is supposed to be a complete list! We painted over the wallpaper and it’s really patchy.
- Paint woodwork including door. Again, won’t be any time soon but needs doing.
- Plaster over hideous artexing. Ok, this will never happen. I will never have enough spare money that I will think this is a good way to spend it but ugh.
Accessorise! Literally not a single decorative item or piece of artwork in this room yet. Must start collecting ideas.
- Framed pic of baby boy needed to go next to pic of Girlie.
Replace the broken handle on the window. Kind of need to open it from time to time…
- Sort jewellery etc storage/display and set up dressing table type area. Possibly swap chest of drawers for a bureau that could double up as a dressing table and desk for when I need to work somewhere quiet.
- See if we can replace ridiculously small sink for a larger one.
- Replace hideous mirror.
- Replace small, plasticy wall cabinet for a larger one
- Get rid of dark, corner shelving thing.
- Look into larger shelf to have high up with baskets for storage. Also somewhere to store medical supplies to free up space in pantry.
- Either refurb or replace horrible coat hook thing.
- Tiles on walls and floor not really to my taste but in good condition and relatively new. See if I can think of a way to lighten it up in there!
Dining area (downstairs is L shaped and open plan)
- New curtain pole (long term goal. The current one is fine but I have something specific in mind for a later date!)
- Curtains. ASAP. I cannot live with the dusky pink velvet curtains for much longer.
- Put up pics properly. We randomly shoved things on the walls wherever there was a hook when we moved in. It is not a good look. Need to move things around using what we already have for now and then slowly look for print particularly for this area.
- Lighting. The overhead light we bought from IKEA looks good but actually gives off a pretty cold light. I do like it though so would like to find a place for an extra lamp or similar for softer lighting to use at different times of the day.
- Create a laptop station.
- Get more cube shaped baskets for our IKEA shelving unit.
- Either recover chair pads or replace chairs. One chair is cracked so need to weigh up the nest use of £ here.
- Get rid of the ‘fancy’ artex. See note on artex in bedroom!
- Replace the terrible shelves. We currently have three (over our second freezer). See if we can increase this to 4 or 5 shelves.
- Paint walls.
- Replace floor link/vinyl. Should be easy to get an off cut.
- Wall mount the plastic bag holder.
- Add some hooks for storage.
Some of these things will be done in a few years. Some can be done now. Some are just general maintenance. It’s actually been a really good exercise in realising quite how many oddly thought out and broken things we put up with on a day to day basis! I’d better crack on with the rest of the house now….