I thought ‘plans’ sounded a bit more laid back than goals! I am on maternity leave after all… There are a few things I’d like to achieve this month – some I really want to get done and some that I’ll be taking a more relaxed approach to. Mainly, though, it is going to need to be a very shoestringish month as I way overspent in a bid to overcome my technological challenges (read: I bought a new computer and am in denial/ having difficulty justifying having spent money I shouldn’t really have spent. Seriously, if you’re looking for the frugal hardcore you’ve come to the wrong place.). So. Belts need to be tightened and we need to get through March with minimal demands on our finances while still getting on with life. And so, here’s the plan:
- Go to at least one new baby group
- Make fun and frugal plans for every weekend so we don’t overspend but also don’t sit around at home climbing the walls with boredom either
- lose 8 pounds (a smidge under 2 pounds a week which I don’t think is unrealistic)
- print and frame a photo of baby boy
- No personal spending on stuff. Not even virtual spending, like downloading books on my Kindle. No, no, no. But yes to moderate spending like going out for a coffee with the other Mums etc as this is good low cost socialising for the whole family in my book.
- get through all of the medical appointments. We’ve got two 60 mile round trips for baby boy to have a hip scan (he seems fine but there is a family history so they are checking just to be on the safe side) and again for him to attend the jaundice clinic to check everything is ok. I’m doing my best not to get paranoid about this one. Then we’ve got my check up plus his first round of jabs. Not much fun!
i could add more things but really that is enough to be getting on with and I want to make sure I get all of it done!