Why 17 days? Because that will take me up to the day before the long Bank Holiday weekend, after which I will be – gulp – going back to work. There’s a lot of stuff I need to get done before I head back, some of which is quite hard to define but here’s an overview of what I’m going to be tackling:
- House: I doubt very much the house will be ready to go on the market as early as planned. Boo. Even so, I’m going to get as much done as I can. I also need a bit of a sort out so things can run smoothly when I have even less time than I do now!
- Clothes: I need to get suited, booted and work-ready. I had originally planned to pick up a few bits and pieces but funds are a bit tight so I need to sort through my old stuff and see what I can cobble together. I also needed to sort out my nails (fingers and toes) and my eyebrows. The beast of Bodmin look will have to go.
- Routine: I think this will have to develop a bit more slowly but I’m going to have to adapt the way I’m doing things now. I’d like to still be able to give Baby her breakfast before I go to work so everyhting is going to have to happen a bit earlier and in a different order.
- Finances: From next month I will have a regular income again. I won’t know what my take home pay will be until the middle of next month but I need to get everything in order and can finalise plans and budgets then.
- Other stuff: There are other things that need to be done that don’t have a category of their own – a few presents that need to be bought, the car needs to be fixed, I need to speak to the plumber etc. They need to get sorted before I get back to work.
- Diet: I want to shift as many of the last few pounds as I can. I went a little, er, off track during the last week (I blame Husband being at home. He buys treats).
I’m going to try to do at least one thing a day towards the above. And here’s my ‘thing’ for the day:
Since the majority of the painting has been done in the bathroom I have finally been able to put up the new shower curtain (excuse the crap photo – I’m having to use my camera phone these days). I’ve also started sorting through my collection of work shoes and have thrown three really tatty pairs away. Not a bad start! I’ll try and post every day for the whole 17 days so I’ll be back tomorrow…