Well, there’s been plenty going on over the last couple of weeks:
- Home Improvement 29: Sideboard lamp has finally been replaced!
- Home Improvement 30: All woodwork (including shelves) painted on upper flight of stairs
- Home Improvement 31: Ceilings and walls on upper flight of stairs have also been painted
- Home Improvement 32: Bathroom tiles re-grouted
- Home Improvement 33: Grubby sealant replaced around bath and sink
Husband has booked the week off to do some work on the living room. We are sanding and re-varnishing the floorboards which means having to stash all of our furniture elsewhere – total nightmare. The room will be out of action for at least a couple of days. Once the floorboards are done the painting will start. We’ve both been dreading this job but once it is done, it is done. We’re just going to have a week of crazy dispruption. The floorboards haven’t been ‘done’ since we moved in 10 years ago and are now badly in need of some attention. Although it will be a lot of hassle (mainly because of not having anywhere to put all of the furniture and moving things around rather than the job itself) it is still the best solution. Not only do the floorboards look nice but the equipment hire and varnish are much cheaper than any other option!
The one silver lining is that I have Thursday and Friday booked off. I can’t see that I’m really going to be much help until all of the big furniture is back in the room but at least I can get on with clearing some things out of the cupboard in the spare room and helping with smaller things. Mainly I’m looking forward to having a couple of extra days with Husband and having a change from the 9-5 routine!