I have no idea how many hits the average blog gets and I very rarely check the Shoestring Alley stats. However, I had a peek just now and discovered that I have passed 20,000 views! How exciting! I know a few of you through your own blogs, which I love reading and catching up on. The other visitors – who knows? All I can say is thank you very much to all of those people who have stopped by, particularly those of you who have left a comment or two and inspired me, given me advice, comiserated with me and laughed along with my trials and tribulations.
I started this blog on the 1st of March having decided to take a different approach to my finances and, to some extent, my lifestyle. It had done its job very well in keeping me focused on what I am trying to achieve. I doubt I would have stuck at it and kept putting the effort in without knowing I had to report back here, even just to myself. Naturally I’m going to be carrying on. I suspect the next year is going to throw some new challenges my way, down here on Shoestring Alley. Regardless, my objectives will remain much the same, namely:
- Managing my finances to keep out of debt and put some money aside for the future
- Keeping track of of my spending on everything from the weekly food shop to getting the best prices for things like utility bills
- Learning more about cooking so I can be both frugal and healthy while still enjoying my food (and believe me, I do enjoy it!)
- Getting my home in order; decluttered, simplified and finished
- Finding out more about great things to do for free or very little cost
- Learning about making and re-using and being less wasteful with my own resources
- Adapting my life into a more simplified version of its old self
Once again, a big thank you to everyone that visits me here – you keep me motivated!