Just before I went on holiday I was tagged by the fabulous ‘A Piece of Wood’ and didn’t have time to join in so I’m doing it now!
I’m not tagging anyone in particular so if you fancy joining in (and please do), do the list on your own on your blog and let me know so I can have a read! OR, if you don’t have a blog, you could always do your list in my comment section 🙂 .
Seven Facts About Me
- I am a natural blonde. I wanted to dye my hair black when I was in my teens but the hairdresser looked horrified and told me it wouldn’t grow back the same colour if I did. I never found out if this was true but it did the job of putting me off.
- I do not like crying in public. Hence I was very irritated with myself on Saturday when I got a lump in my throat just watching the trailer for ‘The Time Traveller’s Wife’ (one of my favourite books). If I can’t handle the trailer I am seriously questioning whether I should wait until it comes out on DVD to actually watch the film.
- If I could have any job in the world it would probably be writing adaptions of my favourite novels for the big screen. Fantasy land, obviously. Oh and casting them too. Alan Rickman and Gwyneth would feature heavily.
- If I am around anyone with a really strong accent then I have to concentrate very hard on not copying it otherwise they think I am taking the piss. I’m not. I can’t help it.
- I feel a real affinity with the kid in ‘About a Boy’ as I am always singing, usually quite loudly, in public without realising it. I am also very susceptable to the power of suggestion. For example, the other week there was footage of Peter and Katie on the news because they had split up and (because I associate the song with them) I spent the next two days singing ‘A Whole New World’ or whatever it is called. I only realised I was doing it when my colleagues joined in. Repeatedly.
- If I could go on work experience for a day I’d like to shadow Jack Bauer. I’d make him show me all of the cool stuff in that canvas bag he carries around.
- I can never finish a whole meal, yet if you let me lose on a buffet I can eat for hours.