I can’t believe it’s nearly been 100 days- where has the time gone?!
Husband has offered to do the food shop tomorrow as I really, really, really wasn’t in the mood this evening. In fact, Husband used to do the food shop every week until I started the Shoestring challenge early this year. I took over as I wanted to see how far I could get the budget down. I’m very slightly nervous about not doing it this week. Although I’ll write a list, I also know that my Husband is, er, fond of food. As in likes to buy a lot of extras. Like trifle. Cakes. Chinese chicken from the hot meat counter. We’ll see what happens. Maybe it won’t be that bad..!
My exercise today was a vigourous hour of housework (and yes, I definitely do count this as exercise). Had my usual breakfast and then went to work where I had 3 nectarines, 2 bananas, 1 apple and five ryvittas with low fat soft cheese and sliced cucmber. I also had a couple of square’s of Husband’s chocolate bar when I got home. I’m not sure what I’ll be having for dinner. I suspect it will be an odd assortment of leftovers! But at least I didn’t spend money on any extra food again today.
This evening I made a meal plan for the week:
- Saturday: going to the cinema and having take-out (yes, naughty, but it is the weekend and I am making sure I plan around it)
- Sunday: Lamb, mashed potato and some kind of green veg with mint gravy
- Monday: Fishcakes and salad
- Tuesday: Jacket potatoes with either beans and cheese or tuna mayo
- Wednesday: going to my parent’s for dinner
- Thursday: Spaghetti bolognese
A lot of this will come out of the freezer so my shopping list only needs to contain:
- 4 pints semi-skimmed milk
- 10 apples
- 2 little gem lettuces
- piccolo tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- bag of spuds
- wholemeal pitta breads
- own-brand bathroom cleaner
I’ll let you know how we get on!
From the challenge-a-day list:
- Planning: week long meal plan using things up from the freezer